2-1-1 HelpNetwork of Northeast Ohio. What is 2-1-1?
The following list offers points of description for 2-1-1 HelpNetwork of Northeast Ohio.
- 2-1-1 is an easy to remember telephone number that connects callers to information about critical health and human services available in their community. The HelpNetwork of Northeast Ohio in Youngstown provides 2-1-1 service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for Columbiana and Mahoning counties. Call 800-427-3606 (TDD 330-744-0579 or 330-424-7767) for assistance.
- 2-1-1 reaches approximately 232 million people (over 77% of the total U.S. population) in 47 states and the District of Columbia.
- 2-1-1 provides callers with information about and referrals to human services for
every day needs and in times of crisis. For example, 2-1-1 can offer access to the
following types of services:
- Basic Human Needs Resource: food banks, clothing, shelters, rent assistance, utility assistance.
- Physical and Mental Health Resources: medical information lines, crisis intervention services, support groups, counseling, drug and alcohol intervention, rehabilitation, health insurance programs, Medicaid and Medicare, maternal health, children's health insurance programs.
- Employment Support: unemployment benefits, financial assistance, job training, transportation assistance, education programs.
- Support for Older Americans and Persons with Disabilities: home health care, adult day care, congregate meals, Meals on Wheels, respite care, transportation, and homemaker services.
- Support for Children, Youth and Families: Quality childcare, Success by 6, after school programs, Head Start, family resource centers, summer camps and recreation programs, mentoring, tutoring, protective services.
- Volunteer opportunities and donations.